Advance Security Systems: Types and Why You Need to Invest In Some Today
It’s obvious that we are all living in a day and age where technology and advanced home solutions are exponentially growing and flourishing. In fact, think about where technology was just a few decades ago and where it is now. The rate at which technological developments are taking off is so fast that most of us can barely even keep up.
Smart home technology is no exception to this rate of expansiveness as this type of technology has exponentially grown in just the past decade. It is through the use of this smart home technology that people are being able to offload some of their daily duties to their devices so that they can start to live simpler and, hopefully, more enjoyable lifestyles. Smart home technology has truly been a gift to many, especially those who have busy lives and just want more time to relax.
However, with so many smart home devices on the market today it can feel overwhelming to discern which devices will work to one’s best benefit. This article will outline some of the industry-leading smart home technologies that not only make one’s life easier but also offers many other benefits, like home security and peace of mind.
Types of Advance Security Systems
As there are many advanced security and smart home devices on the market today, it may be helpful to narrow down your search to some of the most beneficial and cost efficient systems so that you are not bombarded and overwhelmed with all of the non-essential equipment available. Some types of advanced security systems that can be beneficial to incorporate in your home include:
- Smart home security and automation: This is where the best of both worlds, home automation and home security, collide. With home automation, you get the convenience of being able to easily access certain features throughout your home through a simple click of a button on your smartphone device. This translates into being able to turn on and off lights, open and close the garage door, and lock or unlock doors, etc. just by pushing a button on your smartphone. Furthermore, this convenience feature can be paired with home security, not only helping you save time and money in the long-run but also making your home a much safer place to reside in.
- Wireless monitoring: Wireless monitoring makes it possible for you to view your home remotely from the convenience of your phone. This advanced system can give you the peace of mind that your home, belongings, and even family are being well monitored and protected even when you are not home.
- Military-grade encryption security: While many home security systems are equipped for wireless monitoring in this day and age, not all home security systems offer the same level of protection and safety measures with their wireless connection. This means that while you may think that all security systems are set up to best protect your home from an invasion, the unfortunate reality is that this oftentimes isn’t the case. In fact, some security systems can prove to be a bigger threat to your safety than not having a system installed at all. As such, in order to best protect yourself from a burglar being able to hack your network connection and, thus, breach your privacy, you will want to ensure that your security system is connected to a military-grade encrypted network. An encrypted network, unlike an unencrypted one, makes it extremely difficult for an intruder to hack, especially one that is backed up by military-grade encryption standards.
- Smoke and heat detectors: A home fire is reported about every twenty seconds in the U.S. In order to best protect your home and family from being a victim of this type of devastating incident it is vital that you take proactive measures to safeguard your home. One of the most beneficial advance security measures you can take is to pair your home security system with smoke and heat detectors so that your security system can easily detect if there is anything abnormal in the home and, therefore, alert emergency personnel immediately. This feature not only protects your home from falling prey to a fire but can also give you peace of mind that everything you care about most is being well protected at all times.
- Z Wave smart thermostat: Some security systems go so far as to allow you control over your home’s thermostat. With this feature you can customize scheduling and temperature presets, allowing you the maximum amount of convenience while also helping you save energy and, thus, cut down on your electricity bills. This type of advanced feature is paired with your smartphone so that you can easily control the settings even when you are away.
- HD doorbell monitoring: With this feature you are able to easily answer your door, unlock your door, and disarm your system directly with just a click of a button on your smartphone device. You can even have a conversation with anyone at your door from your phone! Furthermore, this feature allows you to check live video or recorded clips when the doorbell gets pressed or there’s any motion detected. It can even automatically turn on porch lights whenever motion is detected at night!
- Home control through a smartphone: As previously stated, there are a lot of advanced features that can be controlled through your smartphone device. Another additional feature that a smartphone can control include arming and disarming the system along with “stay” and “away” modes. Furthermore, with recorded live footage from your phone you can easily access any footage that can prove to be useful for catching any criminal in the act. This footage is especially important for police when looking for the criminal so that the chances of that intruder carrying out another crime is mitigated.
Top-Rated Companies that Can Professionally Install Advance Security Systems
The truth is that looking for a company that can provide all of the previously mentioned smart home devices can be difficult, especially if you are looking for a high quality, top-of-the-line security and home automation company. Fortunately, however, it doesn’t have to be as there is one company that meets and exceeds all of your smart home and security needs. Backed by a great reputation, decades of experience, and industry-leading equipment, Smith Thompson knows what it takes to ensure you are getting the most out of your time and money. Reach out today and you will be on the road to a safer, more upgraded home immediately.