Top Home Automation Ideas That Save You Time and Money
Although the concept of home automation has been around since the 90s, it was more commonly reserved for wealthy or technology-savvy individuals. However, times have changed and home automation is now becoming a mainstream component to most homes, appealing to the masses instead of just a select group of people who took interest in smart homes or had the money to implement it. Furthermore, with a tremendous increase in technological advancements, creating a smart home has never been easier. While once only used as a way to save time, smart home automation is now being sought out as a way to also help save money in the long-run. With features that can turn on and off lights for you, shut your garage door, or control the temperature on your thermostat, home automation makes your life easier, keeps money in your pocket, and helps to protect your home.
Top Home Automation Ideas That You Can Implement Right Now
While there are many home automation ideas out there, there are some that provide all around benefit to your home more than others. The 3 factors that this article will be discussing are home automation ideas that either: protect your home, save you money, or save you time. In fact, most ideas will do all three! The top home automation ideas that can immediately benefit your home and that you can implement right away include:
- Smart home security: One of the most important ways to utilize home automation is through providing your home with a sense of security. In order to protect your home, smart home automation can give you real-time alerts when something is going awry while you are not home. Many alarm companies will even provide you with features that allow you to change the security “mode” you put your home in. This means that you can be at home while also protecting it, which is especially useful when you go to sleep at night. Because protecting your home is one of the most important ways to ensure your property and family are safe, utilizing home automation, even if it’s just for this feature, is one of the most beneficial and worthwhile investments you can make.
- Warming or cooling features: An easy way to start saving money is to install a home automation system that you can control the thermostat through. This grants you easy access to either heat or cool your home to your desired temperature before you arrive home or upon leaving (a useful tip to help you save money when you are not home). The great thing about this smart home feature is that you don’t have to get separate systems to protect your home and control the temperature; you can simply install a security system that does both. That’s smart home automation made even easier!
- Garage door closer: Fortunately for you the days of leaving the house and wondering if you forgot to close the garage door are over. With smart home technology, you can now connect your garage door to an app on your phone and open and close it with just the click of a button. Now you can put those fears of someone intruding on your home while you’re away to rest. Just like the other two features previously mentioned, this feature can be controlled through a smart home security system.
- Turn lights on or off: Another way to save money is to utilize a smart home feature of being able to remotely control the lights in your home. This ensures you don’t leave unnecessary electricity running while you are gone and also provides you with the ability to turn on lights before you return. Furthermore, this feature allows you to secure your home more effectively, especially when you are away. By turning on the lights at night while you are away, you will be giving the illusion that someone is home, deterring any potential break-ins from occurring.
- Automatic fire protection: Home automation, especially through a home security system, can give you peace of mind that if your home were to catch on fire, you and emergency personnel would be immediately notified. This safety feature will detect smoke in your home right away, increasing your chances that your home will be saved from any devastating consequences brought on by fire.
Although these are but just a few reasons how home automation can vastly improve the safety of your home while helping you to save time and money in the long-run, they are some of the most important features to consider when thinking about automating your home.
How to Save Time and Money with Home Automation Ideas
One of the greatest things about the home automation list discussed above is that it is all extremely easy to implement into your home immediately. Just by installing a high-tech home security system into your home, you will be able to protect your home while reaping the benefits of time convenience and pocketing extra cash that was being wasted with inefficient electricity methods. While installing a home automation/home security system into your home is the easiest way to ensure you gain maximum smart home benefits, the important thing to note is that you need to make sure that the system you install is of high quality standards. No two home security systems are the same and not guaranteeing that your system is top level can create more headaches than good. This is vital in ensuring you are getting the best quality for your money, giving you peace of mind that your home is well protected and that you are indeed saving money in the long-run. To find out what home security company is right for you make sure that the company: has been in the industry for a long time, has good reviews, uses industry-leading technology that protects your privacy, and, lastly, doesn’t try to sell you on “free” alarm system scams or unnecessarily upgrading your system to something you don’t need.
There is only one company in the industry that checks off all boxes to ensure you are getting the highest quality security system on the market today. At Smith Thompson Home Security, we take pride in guaranteeing that the home security system we install in your home has industry-leading technology standards that fully protect your home. Additionally, we’ve been in the industry for over 40 years and have great reviews from loyal customers. Call today and we will answer any questions you have and get a security system up and running in your home in no time.