Why You Shouldn’t Invest in Fake Security Cameras: Buy the Real Thing Instead
Maybe you think that a fake security camera will be just as effective at deterring crime as a real home security system and so you go ahead and purchase a fake one instead of investing in the real thing. Or maybe you’re scared of taking the plunge and investing in a home security system and so you try a fake security camera instead. Either way, the unfortunate reality is that a fake security camera will set you up for a major disappointment down the road if your home is the target of a home invasion. Besides being unable to provide the extra protection you are looking for, the truth is that most experienced criminals can tell the difference between a fake and a real camera. Besides the inability to protect you and your home if a burglar were to break in, fake security cameras simply just don’t work the way you may have hoped for. To prevent future regret for wasting your time and money with investing in and installing a fake security camera, learn the ways in which these dummy cameras don’t serve your best interests and how to find a home security company that can help protect you and your home instead.
Why Fake Security Cameras Don’t Work
Understanding why you should skip investing in a fake security camera is essential in order to set your home and your belongings up for the most optimal security. Here are some reasons why fake security cameras simply don’t work and are a waste of your time and money:
- Fake security cameras aren’t always cheaper than a real security camera: You may have thought you were saving money by purchasing a fake security camera but that’s not necessarily true. In fact, you can find high quality security cameras for a low cost that will provide optimal security for you and your home. Also, trying to cut costs with security can cause a future break-in, costing you a lot more money in the end. Furthermore, purchasing a real security camera can help you save money on your home insurance premiums, as many insurance companies will give a discount if you have a security system installed in/around your home. Therefore, don’t jeopardize the security of your home with a dummy surveillance camera that doesn’t even help you save money in the long run anyways.
- Fake security cameras can be distinguished from real cameras: Like previously mentioned, fake cameras aren’t always able to fool someone into thinking it’s the real thing. You are offering no further protection for your home, therefore, if the burglar is experienced in property theft he will know how to spot the difference between a real and a fake security camera. It’s not worth the risk!
- Fake security cameras can’t capture what’s going on around your home: This is a big one because like the name preludes, fake security cameras are FAKE. They don’t have the ability to record or catch burglars “in the act”, meaning if your home is threatened, you will have no way of showing the police what had happened. This comes at a great detriment to the safety of you, your home, and your belongings for possible future intrusions. Plus, the footage caught from a real camera can prove to be beneficial if you need to file an insurance claim for stolen items.
- Fake security cameras offer no sense of protection or peace: Just like the previously mentioned reason for why fake security cameras are a waste of time and money, fake security cameras will offer you no sense of security to know who is in or around your home. This can be especially unsettling if you have children and they arrive home from school before you do and you have no way of checking up on them. With real security cameras you will typically have access to remote monitoring, meaning you check up on your home surroundings through your phone. This added security and peace of mind is only something a real security camera can offer.
- Fake security cameras will not alert you or emergency personnel if there is a break in: Obviously, a fake camera can’t do anything but pretend to be something it’s not. Therefore, if there were a break in to occur, you and emergency personnel would not be notified and your home would be left vulnerable to further damage.
- Fake security cameras can create a lawsuit: Yes, you read that right. Fake security cameras still have to abide by regulatory requirements, just like real ones do. Furthermore, fake security cameras provide a “fake sense of security.” If any sense of security is implied and something happens on that premise, then the person who is using fake security cameras can become liable. For example, let’s say that a landlord sets up fake security cameras to try to make their tenants comply with their rules and the tenant has an accident in front of the camera and needs the footage. If the landlord can’t supply the footage because they set up fake security cameras, the tenant can potentially sue the landlord for providing them with a false sense of security.
Skip the Fake Security Cameras and Find a Security Company that Provides Protection
Fake security cameras can not offer you the sense of security and protection you are looking for, and therefore, you will need to utilize other alternative security measures in order to ensure you and your home are well protected. The best way to do this is to invest in a real, high-quality home security system. Fortunately enough, if you were looking to fake security cameras because you thought you were going to save money, you can find certain high quality security cameras that are in fact more cost effective. Additionally, spending the time and energy installing a fake camera with regulatory law requirements makes much less sense than having a professionally installed home security system up and running in no time with little to no effort on your part.
Therefore, since high quality cameras can provide the extra protection and security you need without breaking the bank or requiring your time and energy, it makes little sense to invest in something that cannot provide these benefits.
You don’t need to compromise your safety and budget for something that provides minimal, if any, benefits. Investing in a low cost, industry-leading home security system will give you the peace of mind you are looking for within a price you can afford.