Don’t Waste Your Money On a Dummy Camera: Why You Need a Real Security Camera to Protect Your Home
Most people will go to great lengths to feel safe and secure in their home. However, with a lot of misinformation on how to appropriately protect one’s home, some people may feel led astray with solutions that not only inadequately suit their needs but may also cause them more harm than good. One way that even well intentioned people end up putting their safety at risk is through installing a fake, or a “dummy” camera in or around their home. Because dummy cameras are meant to replicate the real thing, their real purpose is to deter burglars from entering one’s premises. However, the unfortunate truth is that they do a poor job of protecting one’s home and belongings. In fact, they can prove to be more of a hazard to the homeowner than not installing one at all! Therefore, it is imperative that if you are one of those well-intentioned people seeking a more secure home through the use of a fake camera that you learn the real facts. Doing this will not only spare you a headache down the road but will set you on a path that most appropriately and securely protects your home for the future.
Why a Dummy Camera Won’t Protect Your Home
If dummy cameras do not do an adequate job of monitoring one’s home, why would someone take the time to install one at all? The answer to this may vary from person to person but what seems most common is that the homeowner either doesn’t want to pay high costs often associated with installing a real security camera or they are afraid their camera will be open to hacking. This makes sense because who really wants to spend the money installing a real camera only to find out that it is causing more harm to their safety than good?
However, truth be told that these concerns are of little threat to a security camera company that knows how to take industry-leading security measures to protect your home without breaking the bank. Furthermore, it is important to note that while you may gravitate towards installing a fake camera in order to save money, you may want to know just what risks you may take by proceeding to do so. Some of the reasons why installing a dummy camera won’t serve your best interests include:
- Dummy cameras end up costing you more money in the long run: Yes, you read that right. While they are marketed as products that can protect your home at a very minimal cost, this couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, fake cameras come packaged at a reasonable, low cost, however, buying all of the accessories that make it look real end up costing you much more than just having a real camera professionally installed. Furthermore, choosing to install a fake camera instead of a real one can increase your chances of your home falling prey to a successful burglary, which can end up costing you much more money in the end.
- Dummy cameras cannot record an invasion: Obviously a fake camera is just that, fake. It can’t record any break-ins so you will have no way of recording a home intrusion and providing the evidence to police.
- Dummy cameras are easy to spot: Most criminals are easily able to spot if a camera is fake or not. As such, your fake camera will offer little to no protection against a home invasion.
- Dummy cameras create a false sense of security: Fake cameras can give off the illusion that anyone in view is being safely monitored and protected. Not only can this be dangerous for anyone believing their safety is being recorded, it is also a legality concern. In fact, if someone thinks they are being monitored through a security camera and doesn’t know it’s fake, they may be able to sue the person responsible for creating the false sense of security on their property.
- Dummy cameras do not offer a real sense of peace of mind: Having a real security camera allows you to monitor your belongings and family, even from afar. A fake camera, on the other hand, cannot monitor or protect you or your family. As such, no real peace of mind is gained from installing a fake camera instead of a real one.
Best Way to Protect Your Home Instead of a Installing a Dummy Camera
Now that you know what not to do when it comes to protecting your home, the question is: what is the best way to adequately protect your home, family, and belongings? If you guessed: install a real security camera, you are right. Because real security cameras can easily and effectively record what is going on in and around your home and alert emergency personnel if there is an unlawful intrusion, you can rest assured knowing that your home and belongings are well protected at all times of day.
Furthermore, because fake cameras can end up costing you much more money than installing a real camera, it really doesn’t make sense to install an inadequate version of protection for you or your family. Additionally, a real security camera can even save you money on your home insurance premium, as insurance companies typically like to encourage customers to take proactive steps to better securing their home.
Don’t Buy Into the “Dummy Camera” Trick: Invest in a Top Security Camera Today
As you know by now, installing a fake camera is not only a waste of your time and money, it is also a hazard to your safety and well-being. However, although knowing this information can help prevent you from wasting your energy on installing a fake camera, you may still feel at a loss as to which security company can best suit your protection needs at a rate you can afford.
Fortunately the search for an industry-leading security company at an affordable cost doesn’t have to be so overwhelming. With military-grade security standards and decades of security experience you can now rest assured knowing that your safety and security are being well protected and monitored no matter what time of day. Reach out today and be on your way to a well secure home immediately.