Best Home Security Companies in Austin
With it’s high employment rates, live music scene, and fun things to do, Austin, Texas ranks #1 on the list of the best cities to live in the U.S. However, along with the increasing number of people moving to this fast growing city, the number of property crimes being committed are also increasing. And because crime is increasing, residents in Austin are starting to be concerned about their safety. In fact, with an average of 4,600 burglaries and around 34,000 property crimes committed per year, Austin’s property crime rates rank 57% higher than the country average. This number may sound astounding for residents who thought that their homes were well-protected since violent crimes are relatively lower in Austin compared to other major cities in the U.S.
Both homeowners and renters alike need to consider these statistics when considering how to best protect themselves, their family, and their property. Something else to keep in mind is that even if these numbers make you feel uneasy, there is hope. Fortunately, with high-quality, state-of-the-art home security systems, you can rest easy knowing that your property is well managed and secure from potential property crime threats. Furthermore, even if you don’t feel uneasy about property crime despite knowing the statistics, you could as well benefit from knowing other benefits a home security system could provide for you and your family. Once knowing the benefits of installing an alarm system, with so many home security systems on the market, it can feel overwhelming to pick one that will best suit your needs. In order to alleviate the stress of finding the perfect home security system, you will need to know what to look for when searching for a home security company and what the best security system companies are in Austin.
Do You Really Need a Home Security System in Austin?
While there may still be skepticism on whether a home security system is truly needed, the property crime and burglary statistics speak for themselves. Since Austin has a higher rate of property crime rates committed each year compared to the national average, it would be in one’s best interest to learn what security measures are needed in order to ensure one’s home is safely secure. And like previously mentioned, even if you aren’t worried about property crime, it would still be in your best interest to learn what other benefits a home security system could provide for your home. Some of these benefits include:
- Severe weather alerts: Worried you won’t get notifications about severe weather in your area if your phone or tv stop working? Worry no longer. Some home security systems will actually alert you and your family of severe weather in your area.
- Ensure your family is safe: Kids coming home from school while you aren’t home? Alerts of them coming and going can lift any concerns you may have about their whereabouts.
- Save money on your electricity bill: Everyone loves to find ways to save a little extra money here or there, especially when it requires little to no effort on their part. Your home security system can function as a smart home device, turning on and off lights and controlling the thermostat with just the click of a button on your phone- even when you aren’t home.
- Protect your home from a fire: That’s right. Your home security system can save your home from a devastating fire. Not only will it alert you when smoke is present but it also warns of sources of heat and will contact emergency personnel on your behalf. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, it only takes a short 30 seconds for a small fire to turn into a full blown fire. The quicker authorities are notified, the better chance your home will be protected and saved from devastating consequences.
- Monitor your home while vacationing: Besides having the comfort of monitoring your home when you aren’t actually home, think about some other benefits this feature has. What if you have a pet that stays home and you have someone coming to take care of it? Knowing your pet is well taken care of while no valuables are taken can provide a tremendous amount of relief when vacationing. Furthermore, some home security systems can control the garage door or lock/unlock the front door. If you forgot to leave the door key or don’t feel comfortable giving it away to another, this can ensure the pet/house keeper is coming in and leaving on your watch.
- Have someone else monitor your home for you: Perhaps one of the biggest benefits of having a home security system is having a professional monitoring center that will watch your home even when you aren’t. This 24/7 service is vital to ensure you, your family, and your home are well protected. This service alone can provide the peace of mind you’ve been looking for and make purchasing a home security system worth it.
What to Look for When Searching for a Home Security Company in Austin
While it’s beneficial to know why installing a home security system is vital to protecting one’s home and family, figuring out what to look for when finding a home security company can seem more complicated. While there are many home security companies on the market, knowing what sets some of them apart will help you make the best decision for your home and your family. Here are some pointers to help you navigate which home security company would provide you the best security for your money:
- Look for a company that uses encryption. Make sure to ask the company if they use encryption. Unencrypted connection provides vulnerability for a possible breach of data and thus a possible home invasion. Definitely not worth the risk.
- Make sure the company you are looking at isn’t trying to sell you on a “free” alarm system. These things don’t exist! Instead, you will be paying for your alarm system with high monthly payments and be trapped into a 3-5 year contract.
- Ask how they do their monitoring. Most home alarm companies will turn over your service to a 3rd party monitoring center after you sign a contract with them. This means that you will become one of millions of other customers from other security companies to be assigned to random customer representatives who know very little about your security device. Spare yourself the wasted time and energy. Get a company who has a local monitoring center with customer representatives who can answer any of your specific security questions.
Best Home Security Companies in Austin
While many home security companies will tout themselves as being the best in the industry, there is really only one that has been around the industry long enough to really know what it takes to protect you and your family. With over 40 years of industry experience, Smith Thompson Home Security not only uses military-grade encryption, but they also know to help each customer achieve the level of protection and security they deserve depending on their own, unique needs. This means that they will not try to sell customers on the bells and whistles of unnecessary products just to make a sale, much unlike any other company on the market at the time.
Furthermore, with a local monitoring center in Texas, Smith Thompson Home Security has some of the best and most personalized monitoring and customer service that the industry has to offer.
The time to invest in a home security system is now. Reach out to a customer service specialist today and you will have an alarm system up that protects you, your family, and your home up and running in no time.