What are the Different Alarm Services that a Security Company Can Provide?
While many people understand the importance of installing a home security system in their home in order to best protect their belongings and family, most people get lost in which security company to go with and what the best features are for home security. As such, oftentimes many security companies will sell people on unnecessary features that only end up costing the customer more money in the end. Therefore, knowing what some of the different features available with home security are and what features will best suit your needs will end up saving a lot of time and headaches down the road.
As there are many different services offered by varying security companies, it is important that you take the time to figure out what is and what is not necessary for your safety and well-being. By doing this, you will quickly realize which companies are trying to sell you things you don’t need in order to make extra money, while seeing that there are other (fewer) companies that honor your decision-making abilities. Some of the most important alarm system services listed below will help you navigate which alarm features you need and, therefore, narrow your search on which home security companies can help provide you with those needs.
Different Alarm Services a Security Company Can Provide
While the primary objective of home security is to protect your home from intruders, there are many other features that an alarm system can provide that can give you an extra sense of peace along with helping you save more time and money in the long-run. In order to get the most out of your alarm system, therefore, it is important that you look for a company that can provide, at minimum, services similar to the ones listed below:
- Smoke and heat detection: Some alarm companies go above and beyond normal safety measures and offer smoke and heat detection features that protect your home if a fire was to break out in your home. In this case, your alarm system would be triggered and emergency personnel notified immediately. This can give you great peace of mind that your home is well protected, and even saved from disaster, no matter what comes against it.
- Home automation: As life is moving at a faster and faster pace, many people are looking to simplify their time by offloading miniscule tasks in order to save precious time. One of the best ways to do this is through home automation. Home automation tools can oftentimes lock and unlock doors, open and close your garage door, turn on/off lights, control your home thermostat, as well as other time-saving features. The best way to incorporate home automation is to ensure your home security device has home automation built in. This will guarantee you get the best of both worlds: a well-protected home that can also help save you time and money (think about all the times you forgot to turn off the light when leaving your home! Home automation allows you to turn off lights with just a click of a button on your phone!).
- Wireless/smart device monitoring: Wireless monitoring is a great feature to have because it allows real-time monitoring access from your phone. This allows you to monitor your home and family from a distance, ensuring everything and everyone is safe and secure. This is especially helpful when you are vacationing and you want to check up on your home while you are gone.
- 24 hour monitoring: Although not offered with every alarm company, 24/7 monitoring is vital in guaranteeing your home is well-protected even if you can’t check up on it through a smartphone device. One of the most important things to note is that not every security company will offer the same measure of security. While most companies will sell your account to a third party monitoring company after installation, you will want to ensure the alarm company you go with does not. Think about it this way: a third party company knows only surface level information about your alarm system and can’t offer you the personalized service that you need in order to feel like you and your home are taken care of and safe. Does this help give you peace of mind? Probably not. Therefore, go with an alarm company that offers 24/7 monitoring done locally and through the same company that installed your security system.
- Arming reminders: Being reminded to arm your home can save you the worry of forgetting to do it yourself. Furthermore, if the alarm company offers a smartphone app that connects to your device, you can have the reminders sent to your phone so you never have to worry about leaving your home unarmed again.
Best Companies that Can Provide All-Inclusive Alarm Services
One of the easiest ways to discern which alarm company will best suit your needs is to make sure the alarm company you want to go with does not lock you into a contract or offer you a “free alarm”. What most people don’t realize is that when they sign up for a “free alarm” they are actually paying for the cost of the alarm through their higher monthly payments and more. These companies will lock you into a contract, making sure you pay them for the alarm plus extra. If you become unhappy with your service, you have no option but to stick with the company to pay off your contract. Therefore, finding an alarm system company that does not require contracts is your best option. Generally speaking, these companies know that their level of service and the quality of their security devices are enough to keep their customers satisfied and loyal to their company.
Furthermore, they will not try to sell you on features you deem unnecessary and will even utilize older, compatible systems with their service so that you don’t have to buy a whole new system.
While it may seem overwhelming to figure out which alarm company is best suited for protecting you, your family, and your home, it doesn’t have to be. There is only one alarm company that has been in the industry for decades, is highly reputable, and provides industry-leading security devices and protective measures for your home. Reach out today and have any of your alarm services questions answered transparently and honestly. Within no time at all, you can have a top-rated security device installed in your home that offers you the peace of mind you’ve been looking for.